Opening in 2021, Te Pae Christchurch Convention Centre will be a world class convention centre, centrally located in the heart of Christchurch, the gateway to the magnificent South Island of New Zealand.
Te Pae Christchurch is proudly managed by ASM Global, Asia Pacific’s leading venue management company and one of the world’s premier convention and exhibition management specialists. An exciting opportunity to be a part of Te Pae Christchurch’s pre-opening team is now available.
Reporting to the Executive Chef, we are looking to appoint a versatile Chief Steward who will help to deliver world class culinary experiences to our clients. The Chief Steward will need to plan, coordinate and manage all the cleaning and hygiene schedules within the kitchens, whilst leading and inspiring the stewarding team.
This is a role that requires flexibility as well as the ability to multi task and problem solve with a positive professional attitude.
· Supervise bulk washing/sanitising of all cutlery, crockery, holloware and glassware.
· Maintain the cleanliness and hygiene of the kitchen and pot/dishwashing areas.
· Oversee set up/break down of catering events.
· Ensure the kitchen, scullery, garbage room, storage areas and serveries are clean and orderly.
· Staff supervision and rostering to ensure the appropriate level of staff are available to meet the needs of the business.
· Ensure compliance to Te Pae Christchurch’s ISO22000 Food Safety Programs, ensuring record keeping both electronically and manually are actioned appropriately.
The successful candidate will:
· Have a minimum 5 years exposure in a hospitality environment.
· Have the ability to maintain safety standards and abide by HACCP.
· Be well organised with an attention to detail.
· Have the ability to handle pressure and work to deadlines.
· Have excellent communication skills.
In return we offer work in a positive and encouraging environment, with opportunities for growth and development. Our team are committed to making a difference to the city of Christchurch and to uphold our values of manaakitanga.
The role requires flexible working hours. Salary will commensurate with experience.
Applicants must have New Zealand residency or permanent residency status.
The successful applicant will be required to provide a Criminal History Check.
If you meet the above criteria and want to be part of this exciting pre-opening opportunity at a world class convention centre in the heart of Christchurch, we would love to hear from you.
Applications close 4pm, 29th January 2021 on www.tepae.co.nz
About ASM Global
ASM Global is the world’s leading venue management and services company. The company was formed by the merger of AEG Facilities and SMG, global leaders in venue and event strategy and management. The company’s elite venue network spans five continents, with a portfolio of more than 300 of the world’s most prestigious arenas, stadiums, convention and exhibition centres, and performing arts venues. From Aberdeen to Anchorage, and Sydney to Stockholm, its venues connect people –through the unique power of live experiences.
ASM Global’s diverse portfolio of clients benefit from the company’s depth of resources and unparalleled experience, expertise and creative problem-solving. Each day, the company’s 61,000 passionate employees around the world delivers locally tailored solutions and cutting-edge technologies to deliver maximum results for venue owners, and operations, and amazing experiences for guests. By consistently looking for new ways to envision, innovate and empower the spaces and places that bring people together, ASM Global elevates the human spirit while delivering the highest value for all stakeholders. For more information, please visit www.asmglobal.com
Address: PO Box 5110,New Plymouth 4343, New Zealand
Phone: +64 21 0823 1394
Copyright 2019 All Rights Reserved.