Owned Events Manager
Are you part of that rare - and sought-after - breed, whose analytical nous and attention to detail's on a par with your vision and creative flair?
Southern tourism hub Transport World is home to myriad businesses with a shared vision: creating unexpected experiences that promote Invercargill as a must-see destination. The Owned Events Manager will sit within our events arm (TW Events & Incentives) and will lead the successful development and delivery of a calendar of engaging, creative and professional events that showcase Transport World to guests.
This is an exciting opportunity to not only leverage existing events, including the George Begg Festival, NZ Road Transport Hall of Fame, and seasonal drive-in movie series, but also make your mark on Murihiku's events landscape for the future.
· Working alongside the wider events team, the Owned Events Manager will support the development and delivery of a seamlessly-executed, engaging owned events programme
· You will be responsible for owned events from start to finish: from pitching concepts, finalising budgets, working with internal and external stakeholders, overseeing production, and ensuring every event is aspirational and sustainable in the long-term
· You will play a key role in shaping Invercargill and Southland's reputation as an enticing destination for guests, through the creation of must-do events that draw visitors south
· The Owned Events Manager will balance analytical and detail-oriented focuses with creative, outside-of-the-box vision.
Who You Are
· Full of vision and creative ideas for producing and delivering a calendar of events that guests - both from within Southland and outside of it - simply don't want to miss
· Detail-oriented and precise, you'll have an equal flair for the analytical, financial and strategic needs befitting this role too
· A natural leader, you will inspire both internal and external stakeholders with solid communication that encourages the aspirational
· You will be resourceful and flexible with abundant initiative, and able to use your judgement to think on your feet
· Collaboration, action and progress will be the key drivers of your role.
It's an exciting time for us: with dynamic growth happening, there are plenty of opportunities - now is the perfect time to join the Transport World team. As part of the wider HWR Group, you can expect fantastic staff benefits such as:
· Fully-subsidised health insurance for employees, and subsidised insurance for family members
· Excellent reward and recognition programmes, with long-service and anniversary perks
· Discounts at key suppliers and discounted fuel
· Training, development and scholarship opportunities
For a job description or further information, please contact email@example.com
Applications for this position close 9 September, 2022.
To apply for this job go to: https://hwrcareers.co.nz/Vacancies
Reference Code: 6065594
Address: PO Box 5110,New Plymouth 4343, New Zealand
Phone: +64 21 0823 1394
Copyright 2019 All Rights Reserved.