Dunedin Venues Management Limited (DVML) has built its reputation on its ability to deliver world-class events at both Forsyth Barr Stadium and the Dunedin Centre, and has proven itself time and time again as the go-to for premier events and entertainment in the lower South Island. At DVML we know that our People are everything and focus on supporting our own to grow and develop. We have an exciting opportunity for someone to join our dynamic team as an Events Manager.
With a stellar and intensifying line-up of entertainment, sporting and corporate events across the DVML managed venues, this is a role which will see the successful applicant fully immersed in a truly dynamic workplace. Reporting through to the Senior Events Manager, the Events Manager is responsible for:
· Delivering exceptional events across all our venues with a focus on international rugby, concerts and community events at Forsyth Barr Stadium.
· Successfully building relationships and working collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders and clients to meet customer requirements.
This is a full-time permanent role which requires lots of flexibility in your approach to working hours. While some days you might be rostered on 8:30am-5pm there are other times you’ll need to be available to work on weekend days, start earlier and work into the evening to meet event and client requirements.
We are looking for someone who has experience in planning and delivering exceptional events and will be a contributor to a culture that focuses on forward thinking, creative and solution focused ideas and initiatives. Along with this you’ll:
· Be passionate about the industry.
· Have a minimum of 2 years' experience in event design and delivery.
· Be an expert planner, who is highly organised and with strong attention to detail.
· Have exceptional communication, interpersonal and relationship building skills, and be comfortable using those skills in a commercial environment to maximise opportunity for DVML.
· Be unflappable, you’ll be calm, resilient and able to cope with competing demands and deliver to a high standard even when under pressure.
· Be computer and systems savvy; you’ll be comfortable using Microsoft excel, outlook and word.
HOW TO APPLY:
This is an excellent opportunity to join a premier event management organisation that is setting the bar in delivery excellence and that is focused on innovation, continual improvement and creating an awesome workplace culture.
Want to know more? Feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org to ask any questions. If you’re already sold and just want to apply, please continue through to the application process on the following link https://dunedinvenues.bamboohr.com/careers/68
Applications close on Wednesday 28th June 2023, however we will be reviewing applications as they are received and may appoint prior to that date if we find the right person for DVML.
Address: PO Box 5110,New Plymouth 4343, New Zealand
Phone: +64 21 0823 1394
Copyright 2019 All Rights Reserved.