Permanent full time
We are looking for an energetic and switched on Events Coordinator to support the delivery a variety of event activities for Hastings District Council.
This is a great opportunity to join the collaborative and fun Marketing, Tourism & Experience team and develop your event management skills in a supportive team environment where no day is the same.
Reporting to the Events Operations Manager, you will be a problem solver who can think on your feet and confidently work alongside a varied network of people that will include the Mayor and CE offices. You will be passionate about good planning and execution to ensure events are run safely to the high standard and enjoyed by all. The hours are varied based on the events schedule, including some nights and weekends.
You will need to be a team player who can multitask and deliver to deadlines with a positive can-do attitude and have a sense of humour.
The successful candidate will have:
· An events related qualification is desirable but not essential
· Minimum of two years working experience in a similar role
· Passion for delivering safe, quality, fun events
· Proven project management skills
· Excellent attention to detail
· Good written and oral communication skills
· A good understanding of marketing and engagement values
· Strong commercial acumen
· Confident with all Microsoft Office packages
· ‘Hands on’ practitioner who is happy to ‘muck in’ to ensure deadlines are met
· Proven ability to build strong working relationships both internally and externally
Situated in the heart of Ngāti Kahungunu, the Hastings district and Hawke’s Bay offer an enjoyable environment in which to live, work and play.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. Are you keen to be a part of our journey?
To apply, please visit the Careers page on our website
Applications Close: 18 February 2024
Please Note: Due to the highly competitive employment market, our vacancy close date may be subject to change if a suitable candidate is found, so don't delay in making your application
Address: PO Box 5110,New Plymouth 4343, New Zealand
Phone: +64 21 0823 1394
Copyright 2019 All Rights Reserved.